Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Europe!

Here is my trip to Europe last summer...better late than never, right? Sorry it is so long, but what do you expect I was on the other side of the world for a month and I took more than a few thousand pictures, it isn't the easiest thing to narrow down, so many new things. Hope that you enjoy it and that it doesn't bore you!

Gathered together before heading through luggage check and sign in.


Headed to security, leaving my parents for a month! Ah!!!!


GERMANY!!!

In the most famous Beer House. HB


A way to make a living, act like a statue, pose, get people to pay you to take their picture with you. They were all over the place!


Beer Garden, a small one, and this is hardly and of it!


Erika and I waiting for the bus


AUSTRIA!!!

Dachau Concentration Camp


Such a sad event


Look how long the halls are! The rooms are so tiny also, about 4x4 with plain cement walls. (I have pictures tons of pictures but this is going to be a huge post anyway.)


Crematory


What is that biker thinking! Just because he wants to go faster than everyone else, what gives him the right to ride the dotted line...between the lanes!


Beautiful Waterfall on our hike in the Alps


Guesthouse
Amber and I swinging and Erika


Nikki and I teeter tottering


Casey wanting me to play volleyball instead of spectate


Jake playing soccer


At a dance, Nia and Amber


Playing Sorry with the Austrians. Funny girls, they loved to talk about Twilight, and recent movies.


Talent show time, Midgets!


Megan and I


Competing in Renaissance games Smash the walnut...I won!


Shooting the bow and arrow, I won!


Taking a break from clubbing, we went to a bar (that we bought out, and they only served us water...for free!) there was a cage and it was crazy.


ITALY!


St. Marks Basilica...I think


The streets of Venice


Look at this sign, they told us to follow these signs if we were ever lost and it would take us back to where we would eventually meet.


VENICE!


Taking a ride on the Gondola, it was a blast.


He did hum a little tune, I was a little disappointed he didn’t sing amazingly and that he wasn't dressed up 'properly'...and that he was talking on his cell phone! ha ha, it was a fun ride.


Gondola man, looking all spiffy


Stupid European toilets, oh and lets not forget that you have to pay to use the public restrooms!


Glass blowing factory, what a neat art! It was amazing!


Horse made all out of glass! I love the sign in the background :)


Sunset


Look a bade!


Streets of Volterra, the setting of the Twilight books.


Outside the smelly cheese factory. I almost died that smell was horrible.


Look at that cheese! It may look like shadows, but it is not, it is mold! Evidentially it is good for cheese to mold. Before they sale cheese it must mold.




Just part of one of the many sections of soldiers.


Soldier watching over his troops


Gyps


I love the contrasting colors in this picture, neat bridge too.


Creating my painting, it is a neat art.


These guys would bombard you trying to get you to buy stuff. Once we pulled up, they swarmed us and began to pull there items out of the bushes.


Leaning tower compared to the normal buildings around it.


Leaning tower of Pisa


Team work, holding up the leaning tower!


Jordan was so funny


Italian street, hated those stairs, about a half inch tall and a foot or two long, it'd be better to have a ramp!


He was hilarious, cute, and had a great accent! He taught us the sun dance!


Team building activity!


Jake broke his board!


Breaking the board, I got the power!


Castle


Repelling down an ancient Castle


The Vatican


Huge bathtub, they didn’t take a good picture


So much symbolism, don't really remember the meanings...


Neat window in the biggest church


Crazy bikers! They think they own the road. When stuck at lights the bikers keep going and pull in front of everyone else.


The Coliseum


Inside the Coliseum


What they are finding through excavation


Talk about tight parking!


Spanish Steps


Gelato! Yummy!


Trevi Fountain


Fountains and statues everywhere!


Neat sunset


Mt. Vesuvius


Getting ready to hike up the mountain


Steep, sandy hill


Looking into Mt. Vesuvius


Rarrr!


Crazy drivers! We are driving on the tracks trains rails!! What if the train were to come! AHHHH!!!!


Pretty sunset!


Getting ready for a ferry ride


Dining room






Streets of Pompeii


Mt. Vesuvius towering over Pompeii


A person found at Pompeii after Mt. Vesuvius erupted


A dog found


Mt. Vesuvius from the convent we stayed in.


Fun garage door and crazy parking!


We got to choose roommates! What a blast!


GREECE!!!!

I laugh whenever I look at this picture because of the sign on the window on the opposite side of the bus. I was sitting there talking to Brandon and upon seeing the sign on the window I tried to read it and then said, "Its all Greek to me!" Than I realized it really was Greek and I couldn't contain my laughter.


Where the Olympics were held in the beginning.




Where the Olympic torch is lit.


Ferry


Welcome to Santorini


Stupid European showers


Swimming, I'm only a little burnt


Enjoying the Santorini's beauty.


The sunsets were miraculous!


Megan, Erika, Nikki






Thought of my Young Womens president when I saw this last summer!


A donkey ride, so much fun! We laughed so hard!


Service, we helped clear out the field.


A beach! Not a great beach, look at all those huge rocks, and wood chips, not sand!


Enjoying the sun on a beautiful Sunday!






Greek Dancing


An amazing beach! Just like off the movies! They had a man watering the black sand so that it wouldn’t burn your feet. A nice wooden walkway to keep you off the sand...


I loved the soft beach chairs with a small canopy to shade you and a table to set things on!


They had a wonderful area to play volleyball. They had music blaring, and there was a slight breeze to keep things cool.


A Professional volleyball player from LA. He was amazing, and fun to play with.


Jake




The famous part of Santorini


Greek Taxi


Greek Dancing


Caught sleeping on the Ferry


Cooking Greek food


The Acropolis




Thomas, our European guide


Parlean Covington, the Utah leader, interesting lady.


Jake and Nikki


Cody, he was hilarious!


Sasha, crazy girl


Partying our... our last night in Europe.






Leaving Europe


Just arriving in Salt Lake!

2 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

I LOVE it! I LOVE it! Thanks for the tour! Looks like you had so much fun!

Alyssa :) said...

You breaking that board is by far my favorite part!!!! IT'S SO COOL!! that trip looked like it was SUPER fun!!