Sunday, March 1, 2009

PrOm!

So Wednesday was a great day. After track, of course i was sore, but it felt so good to have worked out. After track, i headed home, when i got home, i headed up to the front door, and on the step was a huge slab of cement. At first i thought this is strange, and then immediately i knew what it was, so i stepped over it and looked at it from the doorway. On the cement slab was written in huge letters NO then underneath it was a piece of paper that looked as follows.

If you can't read it, it says:
Steph!
Will you go to PROM with me?
Bring me back one of the rocks for your answer
It would totally ROCK if you said, "Yes"!
These are rocks :) - pointing to the picture of rocks
~Cody Dean~

Then set on the page was a little black rock about the size of the palm of your hand and on it said yes. I was so excited! So i went in to tell my mom, but i was sure she already knew because she was there when it was dropped off. But it was still fun. My aunt Elaine and uncle Vern were here also. They were so funny. My mom said, well that will make it easy to answer! I told her that i had to do something more, i couldn't just give back the rock so immediately everyone started giving me ideas. Some of them included:



  • make a cake and put the yes rock in the middle of it

  • haul the cement slab into class so he thinks it is a no and is humiliated and then i would say my mom said i had to give this to you, then pull the little rock out of my pocket and tell him but this is from me!

  • Then my aunt suggested that i take the cement slab and leave it on his porch so he automatically thinks it is a no, but have written on it, "There is NO way i wouldn't go to PROM with you!"
I liked their suggestions, but i had no time to really think about it, i had to eat and head off to young womens. I was way excited, we were playing glow in the dark volleyball. It was such a blast! We all wore glow sticks, and then put glow sticks across the top of the net and then we had a glow in the dark volleyball. To make it so we could see a little better, we added a couple of black lights. It was a blast! It is amazing how much harder it is to play without light. Your perception is way off so half the time you think you are going to get the ball, you completely miss, it was way funny and a very enjoyable activity.

After mutual I decided to answer Cody. I chose to go with the last suggestion, but with a little variation. I wrote the saying on it, then i decorated it with glow sticks so that it would stand out in the middle of his lawn so he could find it and i also planned to put the yes rock on his porch with a glow stick around it. I was so excited to answer him until we got to his house and did it. In his yard is one of those street lights, so his yard was perfectly lighted it was unbelievable! So it didn't turn out the way i wanted, but it worked out, and it was LAME!
But I'm sure that it was a huge surprise to be answered the same day he asked. Well i guess he didn't really find it till the next morning which is surprising to me, how do you come home and not see it, i guess it wasn't glowing, maybe that threw him off.

But i am way excited to go and i promise to let you know how everything goes. I went shopping yesterday and i now know what type of dress i want, I'm way pumped and just excited. I have about three weeks to get everything together. We will see how it goes!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

How fun for you! I hope you have a marvelous time at prom!

Jen said...

I love how you answered him! I hope you have fun at Prom. And good luck this weekend at basketball!

Jodi said...

Ooo- ooo- ooo! I am sooo excited for ya! Who is this boy and do I need to interview him before I allow him to take you out? Hmm...

Can't wait to see your dress!!!! I am coming to promenade just to see you!