Monday, August 3, 2009

Tuesday-Monday

I always think to take pictures; I just never remember to bring it with me!!! I really need to work on that. Sometime I’ll get it down.

~Tuesday~
My 'morning' bike ride with my mother. It was great.
A little more service for some neighbors.
Mowed a few lawns!
As a treat, headed out shopping and bought myself some great new shoes! On pair was 7 bucks and the other was 3! I was so excited! Then I had to go buy some necklaces, they were just too cute to resist and matched way too well. :D

~WeDnEsDaY~
After mowing the lawn at seven in the morning and quickly getting ready my mom and I headed out to young womens. We met at nine and headed to go see the temple open house and visit a chocolate store.
Jodi was disappointed that they didn’t have any closer parking and said something about being in heals, and the guy told her he would get us a golf cart.
Here we are excited for our ride!


Here we are waiting for the movie to start before we get to take our tour.


Some of the young women standing around enjoying there 'light' refreshment.


The tent Jodi is requesting for camp next year, furnished with chandeliers and all!


Jodi and I


Outside the temple with most of the group that showed up to young womens.


Jodi and I posing for a picture


Man we are rebellious!


At the chocolate factory!


Here one of the workers is making carameled apples!



~THURSDAY~

I signed up to go serve in the soup kitchen. What a blast! It is so fun to go spend time with the ward family talking and giving service, what could be better?
Here I am headed into the soup kitchen.


The Packers ready to handout bread to those that come and want it.


Here is Brother Lindsey trying to figure out how to make and use the coffee machine.


My daddy hard at work.


After the soup kitchen I quickly packed and headed off with Daniel and Sharon to Idaho falls. They live there and are moving back. WOOT!!!
Sharon enjoying her refreshment at the halfway point.


We spent the night in their cute little apartment.

~fRiDaY~

When morning came we started packing up boxes and getting everything ready to move. My parents drove down later in the day and we loaded everything up and headed off. I had so much fun spending the day with Sharon and Daniel. They are so funny and it is nice to be able to help them.
Last goodbyes to the apartment and...


The neighbors perfect lawn. :D


Daughter


like Father



Here we are, all packed and ready

We had dinner at Schmittys, it was great! Gotta love breakfast!

~SatUrdDay~

After a few chores around the house I was allowed to leave!
I rode my bike to Shortys and we had a fabulous day. I must say life on the farm is just a little bit different than life at my house.
We rode the 4 wheeler out to the meadow. There we saw many frogs and caught them as well as hauled any where from dead wood to living trees into a huge pile. It was fun. I haven’t done that for a while and it was great to be able to have fun with Shorty at the same time. After a few hours we rode back to the house and had some lunch...breakfast food! my favorite.
We headed back out on the 4 wheeler and rounded up the cows and put them into the coral to sort theirs from their neighbors and then hauled them to the meadow. I think I was more in the way than anything, but it was fun!
Thanks Shorty for showing me a different lifestyle. It was great. I don’t think I could live it daily but I think once a week would work great! Let me know if you need help again! :D
Arriving at home I took a shower and got all cleaned up, felt way nice. My mom asked me if I had been wrestling the steer. That is how dirty I was! I put on my slickies and a t-shirt and headed to the couch to watch Wedding Planner. (I'd been quoting it all week so I decided I’d better watch it!)

~MoNdAy~

Woke up at 4:30ish and got ready for the day then headed down to the cannery in Ogden. It was a great experience and service activity. We got to can green beans, yuck, never have liked them!
I was given the job of spreading the beans. As they came off one conveyor belt and dropped onto another, I was supposed to spread out those beans so that the dozen of people after me could look through them and pull out all the bad ones. It was amazing how the amount of beans would fluctuate so much. I always disliked when it was a thick load coming through because they held the heat in and so they were steaming as they dropped onto my conveyor belt and so as I spread them my hands would start to burn. You can’t stop though or the beans won’t get spread! So I kept going. Watching green beans pass my face from 6-11 was enough for me. It was great to do the service, but I now know for sure that I am definitely getting an education because I do not want to have to do that for a job. It is great for a service every once in a while, but not to make a living.
After the cannery assignment my mom and I headed to I hop for lunch... or breakfast, I had a Belgium waffle with strawberries, yummy!!! After eating we hit a few stores and then came home. I was think I would get Daniel to take me wave running because it has kind of become a Monday night ritual since Europe, but things didnt work that way. :( But i had a great time inspite of it, i headed off to see Up with some buddies. It was a capitol and i had a buy one get one free! Yeah for cheap fun!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's funny one of our leaders made the same comment about the tent when we went. You sure seem to stay busy. By the way you can come stay with us anytime you want to and we won't even make you pack stuff up. Babysit...maybe. :)