Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Temple

After a few setbacks we made it to the temple.
  1. 5 people=take the car...grandma has a doctors apt. in Logan, need to take the van
  2. 5 minutes before I plan to leave I head out to warm up the van, its covered in snow, we never cleaned it off because we didn't use the van yesterday. So now we not only have snow but because it had warmed up during the day and then got really cold at night, we have snow frozen to the windshield.
  3. The scraper breaks in the middle of scrapping off the van.
  4. After getting the van cleaned off I head out to pick people up, it is 7, the time we usually are getting on the freeway! Running about 15 minutes late.
  5. Get to Ashley's and realize the gas gage is on empty! So we have to go back to my house to get the card so we can get gas on our trip.
  6. Get to Clarissa's and wait a few minutes before she comes out. 20 minutes behind schedule
  7. Get to Kiela's and remember that I had forgotten to ask people if they had their recommends when we were at each of their houses, so I ask, Ashley forgot hers.
  8. We run to get Jessica so she doesn't think we forgot her and Ashley called her mom to get her recommend out for her. Her mom can't find it.
  9. We go get gas (heading away from the freeway, back to the center of town) in hopes that her mom can find it and this way we wont waste time.
  10. I want to get our discount on gas at Smiths but I can't remember our area code so I sit thinking for a minute and then I end up having to ask everyone in the van what it was.
  11. We finish filling up and Ashley's recommend still cant be found, so her mom comes to get her...we wait in the parking lot a few minutes.

12. Finally reach the temple, 45 minutes later than usual. You would think that is the end, but it is not. We enter and what would you know the waiting area is full! There were a couple wards there doing baptisms!

13. We made it through and got out of the temple at 9:20 or so. Kiela's school starts in 20 minutes, and she is usually late to school when we get out of there at 8:40 or so! I got everyone dropped of by about 9:40 and headed home in hopes to beat my carpool there and maybe get something to eat and some time to actually look good. (We always just pull our hair into a bun after and head out, we don't comb it or blow dry it, we just head out.)
Well, as luck would have it, Maddy and I pulled into my driveway at the same time. So I ran inside grabbed my backpack and we were off to school.

I am grateful that I have the chance to go to the temple a couple times a month, even if it requires waking up earlier than I do to go to school, running around, and being late. It is so worth it. The temple is such a blessing! I'm glad that I have such great friends that are willing to go with me.

No comments: