Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fall 2011

Back to school
 Shorty came to visit me my first day back to school!

FHE
My new freshman roommate, Rachel Jasper! Love that girl!
EmmaRae, I love this girl!
The new roommates, Holli, Mandy, Me, Rachel, Ashely and Karissa. Doug jumping in the back.
Brother DeSpain!!! We love this man!
ha ha oh Bro D and Justin

Tipsy Taco Tuesday
Caleb trying the mixer straight up, we warned him not to! I wish I would have gotten the after the sip face!
Waiting for Mormon Margaritas
Taco's! Got to love food
Our dinner party
Chit chatting after dinner. Brad, Kenzie, me, Brian, Ashley
Kenzie with the cousins hitting on her ;)

Roommate reunion!
We like to party
Smalls!
Tacos and margaritas!
The mates!

Crazy night
Sometimes we pile into a car and just drive places...
cute roommates
Ashley and I can be silly sometimes
Does it look like we are getting ready for bed? ha ha

Institute Party
This was a fun toy, the faster you move the bar the faster you spin. Good times.
Free homemade ice cream
She is a model

Home again Home again
Popcorn and a Sunday film

I got a calling!
I'm the ward photographer! Look what happens in the hall during Sunday school

Memorial Day
Went to visit Grandma and Julie and Gordon's thank goodness we got to see her one final time. She is such an amazing woman!

Roommate dinner

Beautiful view from my apartment


Our home is a place for visitors

Beautiful!!!

I have a great support system
Ashley fell out of the hammock
My roommates wanted all of us in there, I told them no way, we'd break it!
So I jumped behind it and we got a picture
Look we are both in green!
Justin tackled Ashley and I

Peach Days
Cute little cheese van!
Even cuter little baby
Silly brother in law
Awesome float
The kids are slightly spoiled when they come to grandmas
Kara was in the parade, we met up later, stole the baby and had fun.
Waiting for Jon Schmidt concert to start.
We had a little fun.
Oh yeah, we got Ashley to join us, to jump out of her Brigham click momentarily! ;)
Neli and her little sister came up and watched the hypnotist with me! I miss that girl!

Happy Birthday Rachel!
Hitching a ride in the truck to the park
Guitar and games in the park
Dinner for Rachey
Friends and fondue to celebrate the birthday girl
We have lots of wonderful friends
Lisa always makes me laugh, she is so funny!
Rachel is a babe and Brian is just silly!
Caleb wearing my favorite tie in the world!
Linger-longer fun!
The RS presidency
The most wonderful couple in the world, the DeSpains!!!!

Funeral (Fun n' real)
Crown burger on the way to Provo
Mom and brothers at the viewing
Shanna and I at the viewing
Pallbearers
Father son, so cute!
Grandma in grandkid heaven
My family
Taking a final look at Granny.
I love that we can be happy at a funeral, we are just celebrating the fun 'n real experiences we had with grandma, knowing that we will get to see her again!
Baby and I
Matt and baby
He walked right up to Adam and wanted to be picked up! Adam is wonderful with children!
Cousin's kids
Debbie and Shanna, the best cousins (they are my only cousins my age or even close to my age! :D)
We have a great time together!

Back to college
Karissa shrunk her sock, yes that used to fit on her foot. Even more surprising it still does, stretches quite a lot!
Kara did a weave thing in my hair, we were making it up!
Rachel was slightly spastic
Brian serenades us with his awesome skills

Relief Society Retreat
Sister DeSpain brought Karissa, Rachel and I to help her with the food. What a great time!
Drinks!
Working the salad over
Raspberry shakes from Bear Lake
Spent the night at the Blue Bird Inn in Idaho, such a blast!
It was a honeymoon suit ha ha
dang girl!
I climbed out on the roof and then continued around the room to bang on the window and scare Rachel.
We are just slightly silly
Kissy face? We had a pillow fight
We all slept in the bed together, it was HUGE!
Sister DeSpain caught us asleep in the morning
Making breakfast. Peach parfaits
yummy grapes

Football
We went to the LLC commons area so we could watch the game. The sunset background is amazing!

Third Sunday Dinner!
We went to Amy's for dinner so she could show off her house
The kids loved the xbox kinect
the adults enjoyed the little child

Dinner
We like to eat, we like the outdoors, and we like company. Sometimes we like to combine all three and then we just love it!
Leftover deliciousness from RS retreat

General RS Conference
Squishing in and heading to SLC
Stopped by Karissa's for a break
Lisa met us there!
Got our picture in front of the Christus
Absolutely love the stranger who took this. They said they couldn't get all of the Christus. ha ha well obviously, if you are going to make sure to get our feet and some extra floor! ha ha some people make me laugh!
Beautiful view!
Kara was there too and we ran into her, so fun!
Old mates! Love these girls!

Sunday night games
Brian brought us some spanish hot chocolate, it was yummy!
Late night chat with some cookie dough

Rattles!
Ashely got a new car, we are out taking it for a spin!
Sometimes we study too much and just need to take a break!
Emperors New Groove and hand massages
Caleb is a little bit of a wild child

General conference
Carmel apples during priesthood session
The girls
My nephew was really hyper and wouldn't go to sleep, we found this when we went to bed.
Spinning the stick around
AH! she's been caught! ha ha
Listening to conference

Crazy night
Ashley made cinnamon rolls
Ashley's bed made it's way out ot the living room. THe couch was supposed to make it's way to the bedroom, but it doesn't fit down the hallway. :(
Stylist Ashley

Football game
The boys brought pizza, they couldn't not have food.
This is our awesome group!
Pretty sunset
We had a great time at the game
I loaned my coat to a friend that forgot theirs and since i was in a tight group it wasn't cold, but my friends insisted that i get bundled. I got wrapped with a couple blankets then a scarf and a jacket (which smelt really good, it was Brian's :D). Hence the reason I look prego
Rootbeer kegger at yellow house after the game. Dance party!
Yummy homemade rootbeer
We may have crashed after the long day

Linger Longer
Cute girls
ow ow!
The smolder by Caleb, Brian looking skeptical.
Singing at the nursing home. Love this Sunday tradition.
Sunday night games
Caleb discussing the woes of life to all that will listen.

FHE - Food fight
Malea and Chaise just slightly messy
Hesper, Malea and Megan
Christian, Ashley, Caleb. Man that car ride was the worst thing ever, stunk so bad! Ketchup, chocolate syrup, flower, cereal, jello, maple syrup and much more, not good smells to mix. I wanted to throw-up from the smell!

Sunset!

Shopping
Mike and Caleb went shopping and then modeled their clothes for us! ha ha They are wonderful!

Sunset!

Thursday Night Treat Night
Amanda, Crystal and Drew

BBQ time
Making cookies
I never work hard enough for Karissa.
Foosball tournament
Shopping trip! No she isn't buying me, just giving me a ride. You should have seen some of the looks I got ha ha. I was so tired I didn't care though.

Beautiful roommates

Third Sunday Dinner
Kids decorating the cake
Our little whitch's flying around on broomsticks
My mom is so clever!
Game time, doughnut munch
Pumpkin roll
Mummy spin
Adult donut munch, more challenging ha ha
our vampires
sorting the colors, we won, we are amazing!
Brian showing off to the kids
Can you get the Oreo?
Fun cake, it's eyes glowed!

Singing time
Caleb trying to get out of going singing at the nursing home
Caleb and Rach, pretty legit
Charlotte is hilarious, I love this little lady!
Singing on the ride home
We like to play games at the institute before ward prayer
After ward prayer we usually have games. Today we decided to make churros and party. Doug serenaded us.
Our house is a party place!
Crystal, I love you!
We girls are amazing

FHE
We made decorations
Then decorated the Bishops house to welcome him home
Then we stopped by the DeSpains and the pampered us! We love this couple!
They are so sweet and make us feel so loved, got to love college parents!
We made a candybar board for a sick friend
Brian got a hold of the camera, it is always fun to see what awaits me on the camera.
Movie time. Never knew you could get so many on the couch did ya?

Breakfast!
We had a breakfast for everyone one random saturday. it was delicious. We had crepes
The DeSpains took us to dinner. Mandrian Garden, one of the best places ever. Tiny Spicy chicken is so amazing!!!
Drew getting in touch with his inner little girl
Sleepover in the front room
WE are so great

Happy Birthday Karissa!
HEaded to the corn maze
prat of the group that came
We hid all her birthday cards and then sent her on a scavenger hunt. They appeared randomly in the mail and we decided to hide them until her birthday.
Birthday walk
We got Pretzels and she went to the bar, free burger at 21!
Then we all met up at the football game, what a blast!
Ashely made cake and i made dinner. Homemade pizza, and bread sticks
Caleb got her some Martinelles for her 21st birthday
The gorgeous cake Ashley made
Caleb serving us up some sparkly

Sunday Dinner
Doug made us dinner!
Games at yellow house for a change
They played werewolf, not the biggest fan, i think it was just over played when i was in jr high.

Ward Talent Show
Katie and Drew, our MC's
Chaise, yeah toast!
Crystal and Katie, Arthur theme song!
Liz, recorder in the nose!
Swimming! ha ha
Bishop rocking on the guitar
Dance party
Taking a breather and picture

Truth or Dare from the Iphone
Rachel wrote a note to Doug
Christian giving Doug a piggy back
Justin doing jumping jacks
Christian getting his hair redone
Looking good!

Lagoon
DeSpains set Justin and I up on a date and I had free tickets to Lagoon, so we went!
We had a good time

Halloween Party
We all have penguin pj's!
:D
Pumpkin carving



Sunday walk
Ashely and Brian
Love these girls
Love the temple!
Finishing the pumpkin
Making Pizza
Christian rocking the hipster look
Party!
DeSpain visit before dancing
She brought us a treat because it was Halloween

Sunday Games
Make  the sound of two rattle snakes making out - silly game!

Krispies!
Caramel and apples!
Dying pumpkins!
Gratitude board. We did this all of November. We went through the Alphabet, it was a blast!

BYU vs USU Basketball
Early morning waiting in line
Taking a little nap in the FREEZING cold
We got passes! We will get into the game!!!
Smartie game in line
:D
I love watching people try this game!
Party at the apartment after our glorious win!
We had a lot of visitors, most i didn't know.
Back in time, more line waiting.
picture taking fun
Brian concentrating hard to d Rachels hair in braids
Three in two jackets
Party at the game
Remembering what we went through to get into that game
Football game with Shorty

Barn Dance
Dancing with Drew, where is everyone else?! ha ha
It was a party!
I love this girl!
The DeSpains even danced!

DeSpain's
They spoil us, candle lit snack time

The professional hot chocolate maker, so good!
Love spending time with my college family!
Cozy up to the fire

Mid November
Smores over the stove
Maddy came over and wanted me to attempt a braid she saw.
Ice cream social at the institute with snow coming down by the foot outside!
Our group

Breakfast cook off
Chaise and Ashely made muffins, apple cinnamon I think.
Sam and I made german pancakes! (Do you love how my roommate made sure to have the sign centered above our heads?)
Then we watched It's a Wonderful Life.

 Later that day
Justin picked me up and we went sledding with Drew and Sarah
Justin attempted to maul me! We had wassail and parted ways.

Later that night
We went to Costa Vida for some grub. After our party at the basketball game.

Ward event
Always have to have food! We had a great committee to cover that area for us.
The drawing Brian made of me. Notice Brian standing on the window ledge holding the piece of paper so you can see his drawing.
Rachel drew Brian

WE like to eat food...
Aren't they so cute at the church function, waiting for the Stake President to start talking. ha ha

Roommate Thanksgiving Dinner
This was a PARTY!
Sam started a potato fight with me.
It was all over my hair!
But I think I won :)

Thanksgiving Break
Tucano's for lunch, delicious!
vacuuming the cabin. Each room had this much dirt a few times!
Headed out to watch The Muppet Movie and the van was dead. Luckily we had neighbors home that were kind enough to help us out.
Jenny and her family showed up while we were gone.
The kids love to play around


Snow fight!
Thanksgiving dinner, kids table, I've finally graduated! I don't know if that is a good thing or not though.
I love my family!
Sliding down the stiars


Power went out, we cooked over the wood burning stove.
She loved those peanuts!
Vicious snowball fight walk ha ha good times

Back to college
I arrived home late Saturday night from our Thanksgiving break. Sunday morning rolled around and I was feeling quite sick. I really wanted to go to sacrament though, my roommate Rachel was speaking. But I was afraid I was going to throw up. SO with a lot of prayer and faith I went to sacrament meeting. I was feeling ok but wasn't sure I was going to make it. Well the first speaker went and then she got up. While she spoke I felt great. Next was an intermediate hymn. During that hymn I started to feel sick again, so I jumped up and went home to lay down and do some personal study. Well  I fell asleep and to make a long story short, Sam came over and painted my toenails for me after church.
We ran into Sam and Chaise at the grocery store. We then somehow ended up at Wendy's for dinner. I still felt sick and there was no way I was eating fast food.

Delicious desserts by miss Rachel

Concert
Went to the Forgotten Carols with my parents, it was wonderful! I love those two. And by this point I was finally feeling better! YEAH for sickness gone away!

Pampered
Brother D makes THE BEST homemade lasagna! And Sister D has some amazing fresh rolls! Our college parents are far to kind to us!

Dinner
After we all went and did baptisms together, we went and ate at the Papusaria or something like that. I was not so sure about it but it was good.

Trip to temple Square
We had tickets to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional so we got a group together and went and hit temple square as well.
It was great wandering and looking at the lights after the amazing devotional.
Cute Rachy and Jon, they are adorable together!
Rachel may have wanted to play on the ice and persuaded me to join in. Sam helped me over the fence in my dress and we had a blast skating around in our shoes on the ice!
The boys at the Christus
Us girls at the Christus
All of us in front of temple square. Rachel, Jonathan, Karissa, Brian (with 2 girls), Mandy, Sam, and me.
Sam showing off his mad skills
Dessert at Rachel's parents house

The things that happen at college
Caleb let Ashley paint his finger nail.
Then they turned it into news paper nails.

Lunch with the Parents
It is great to live close to home, my parents can come up and take me to lunch and party! Lunch at Costa Vida
Christmas shopping with Ashley for the yellow house gift exchange
Traditional Rudolf dinner
Our guests, notice the awesome Christmas tree in the background!

Early morning (8am ish) "Christmas morning" party. Mike is showing just how early that is for a college student.
Breakfast at yellow house

Annual tree lighting
Isn't she just adorable?!
Decorating cookies for the party, sure is a messy job for the little ones. THey only decorate enough to eat for themselves...
Then they take a game cube lego break
Such  a great little sister to help her brother play
Sam became the favorite friend quickly as he threw the kids into the air.
Brett and Sam had a great time throwing the kids around
So intrigued with uncle Matt
Singing christmas carols
Santa came!
The kids loved Karissa, no wonder she is going into early childhood education
Ashley, Sam and Karissa are getting attacked, kind of hard to see at times. They really wound these kids up, they don't get quite this crazy with me.
Brett enjoyed quiet baby time
Sam taking control of the situation
Hot chocolate at Ashley's after seeing the lights at willard bay

Sam wearing the plush-a-licious to fit in with the nativity.
Notice Sam sticking his finger in Karissa's ear? He always has to be harassing someone, typical boy.

Subway
Rach and Jon are so great
Brian took me on a lunch date! I had planned to pay my way and everything but he had other plans. He got my doors for me, had me answer his phone, which was his mother, and paid for my meal. What a great lunch surprise!
Sam is abusive, he tickled my roommate and forced her to hit her head into the couch so now he is icing her face.
Caleb is the man, hefting two really skinny girls over his shoulders. Looks like Rachel is on her way down.
Awe, presh!

Birthday celebration
In the midst of finals week studying and saying goodbyes to friends, we found time to celebrate our three birthdays that occur over the Christmas break.
We are so wonderful!
Our home made Christmas tree, so awesome!
Relaxing now that we have all finished all of our finals.
Subway lunch to celebrate
Sleeping in the car
Dinner with the DeSpains to celebrate
Village Inn, so delicious!
Karissa and I shared a scrumptious breakfast platter.

Man I love college life, so wonderful!

No comments: