First time ever!
So I was to go visiting teaching today. My partner said she would call, so I figured that meant I was to give the lesson, so I prepared. She told me that she would pick me up and we would go to our appointments. They started at 11:30. At about 11:20 I have everything together and I'm sitting on my couch waiting. By 11:28 I am second guessing myself thinking I am supposed to meet my partner at our appointment. So I text our first appointment and ask her to let me know if my partner shows up.
By 11:35 I decided to call my partner since I hadn't gotten a text saying she was at the apt. Well I get the answering machine. I take this as a good sign, she is on her way to pick me up! Well at 11:40 she still hasn't showed up, so I call her house again, once again I get the answering machine. So I leave a message saying I will head up to our apt and hope she shows up. I grab my keys get in the van and start to reverse when she turns the corner. So I quickly put the van in park and run into the house and wait for her to pull in.
Well as she pulls in I run across the front room to get out and on to our apt. (I felt bad we were running so late) But In my attempt to run across the front room my foot got caught in my gauchos. (thin material, huge flare, a lot of times people think it is a skirt until you start to walk) Well since my foot got caught, I couldn't do much but go with the momentum, down. So I ended up landing on my knees on the tile right in front of the front glass door of our house. Luckily I don't think my partner noticed, but my mom sure did.
It just so happens that the foot that got caught and twisted is the same foot I happened to hurt dancing as well as when playing basketball. The poor thing can't get a break. Anytime I think it is finally getting normal, I mess it up!
Now not only are we running late but I am kneeling on the tile in my living room with a hurt foot, and bunged up knees. But I don't let it deter me, I have a message to share! ha ha So I hobble out to the car and hope in. After a few wrong turns we make it to our first appointment. Well the ladies talk and I listen, sorta, as I try to figure out how to place my foot so it doesn't kill. Eventually I get the hint across to my partner that we really should move on to our next appointment, so I quickly present the message and am ready to leave when she talks some more! I finally get her out of the house and we are running almost 20 minutes late to our next appointment which only leaves us 10 minutes with her, and that includes travel time. But we made it and it all worked out.
I learned two life lessons from this:
1. Don't run late because no matter how late you are you will still stay for at least 30 minutes
2. Visiting teaching is very dangerous...never do it again
...can't wait for next month :s
What I Learned...
5 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment