If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy...luckily she isn't my mom!
Going down backwards is one of the best ways, the only problem is sometimes your shorts don't want to stay up!
This is the video I got, I don't know how good it is, I haven't watched it myself!
My Family and I
The best part of the entire conference. THE HOE DOWN!! Look at all the faces, especially the boys, we had a great group, all good sports! It was a blast.
Day 2
Flint +
Jodi and her new friend Bessy
Hiking up to Ensign Peak, me and my leader buddie, Heidi.
Another leader buddy, Tammy.
Whoa it is so hot I can't keep my eyes open. Glad I was on the Stake Youth Council and was able to make it so my ward hiked first!
We went to the cemetery! Here you see a false prophet. He claims to have translated the seald portion of the scriptures, and then advertizes his website! What is this world coming to?
At President Hinckleys and his wifes grave, what a great couple. They taught so much and were amazing examples.
Conference center tour...Bishop, can you please keep your wife under control!
Our tour guide said that the flowers were all real and Jodi believed her but her husband told her that wasn't true and so she had to check it out. She was very disappointed to find out that they were all fake. Evidentally they are considerate of people with allergies.





We atteneded the Joseph Smith Movie while we were there. It was really good, it always has an effect, it is amazing. I was shocked when I realized that the last time I had seen it was a year and a half ago, on my first date..It really doesn't seem like it has been that long.
Our tour guide said that the flowers were all real and Jodi believed her but her husband told her that wasn't true and so she had to check it out. She was very disappointed to find out that they were all fake. Evidentally they are considerate of people with allergies.

Here is a security gaurd getting mad at Jodi and Tammy for touching the flowers. 'Because they have cameras on all the flowers and their finger oils....blah blah blah!' It was so funny because when he came up and started talking to them I just started laughing and knew it had to be fake, but Jodi was nervous and very defiante trying to blame it on Dave cause he told her to. Ha ha, I love my ward! By the way Brooke Burt put him up to it. She was willing to pay him, but he did it for free.

An awesome picture of my Bishop, Old (as in prior not age) Young Wimens president and my current Young Womens president
Here we all are on top of the conferece center with the temple in the background! Did you know that all the trees on top of this building are bolted down becasue there isn't much soil for them to grow in and when they were little they didn't want them to get blown down. But as they grow their roots intertwin and strengthen them. I thought it was neat.
Trying to get Adam back in line...

I was trying to get Tammy to take a picture for me, but she attacked me! I think she really must not be a happy camper. Every picture I have of her she is attacking!

Finally, this is what I was trying to get her to take, but it didn't happen, luckily Dave was on top of things.

Where do you have your eyes set?

The Stake President did a great presentation on the symbolism shown on and around that Salt Lake Temple, it was way cool! This is a small replica of the SLC Temple in the visitors center, it is very neat, the other side is open. I also really like how you have the real temple refleacting int the glass around the replica!
We atteneded the Joseph Smith Movie while we were there. It was really good, it always has an effect, it is amazing. I was shocked when I realized that the last time I had seen it was a year and a half ago, on my first date..It really doesn't seem like it has been that long.Here is me and the group I rode up with...for some reason I have always kinda stuck with the adults, I don't know what my problem is. I am just most comfortrable with them, is that strange or what? Oh and this picture was taken because Jodi had to have a picture with the amazing purple flowers. :D


It is amazing the people you find on the side of the road. Sometimes I can't help but pick them up and take them home with me. :)
Youth Conference was a blast, I can't belive it is over and it was my last...as a youth. I'm not that old! And thanks to all my leaders for putting up with me and allowing me to hang out with you rather than making me be with the 'youth' my age.






No comments:
Post a Comment