Thursday, June 24, 2010

English Trifle

The next murder mystery! Whoo!!! My mom wouldn't allow me to read this one as fast although it really only took a couple of days. I kinda got in trouble for finishing the other one without her...whoops! But she had already read this one so I don't see what the big deal was. So I kinda finished it on Sunday while she was at a meeting. :D I thought this one was good, but not as good as the first one.

While reading I took the opportunity to make the English Toffee that I owe the neighbors unfortunately it didn't turn out right! What is the deal, it was cooking way slow and so I pulled it off and not only was it still too chewy, but it also tasted burnt! How can that be not cooked enough but over cooked! AHHH!!!! I haven't convinced myself to try again cause I don't want to ruin it again! I need to figure out how to do it right. I have never had this problem before. SHEESH!!! Now my perfect record is broken! Not that I had a record to start with.

1 comment:

Doran & Jody said...

You can always make your treats and try them out on me!