Well, I'm a little bit of a slacker on pictures since summer came. But I took the opportunity to attend the temple with the young single adults. It was great!
I drove myself and Candie down. It was a fun drive. Except for the fact that I am pretty sure I am dyslexic! I took 12th street instead of 21st street! (In the past I have missed 21st street thinking it was 12!) This isn't too bad because it isn't hard to find the temple. But what is bad is that everyone follows me! When we get there they said, "Oh well we figured you attend the temple frequently, so we followed you. Is that not the way you usually go?" Oh well, we made it there on time.
Oh and on the way in, it was raining and so I got out the umbrella. I was in a white dress and figured it wasn't a good idea to get wet. The wind was blowing a little and I figured we would be fine. Little did I know that there would be an unexpected big gust of wind that would blow the umbrella inside out! ;( How embarrassing! ha ha. Now I not only have to carry and umbrella through the temple, but it is turned inside out and I have to get it put inside right so it isn't as tall as me! (it was one of those huge umbrellas) Luckily there were many nice single adults to help me. We all laughed together, although I wish it was at someone elses misfortune, not mine. I guess we all have our time, oh well!
Oh, so while we were there, the power went out! When WE were in the temple! The workers said that they had never been there when that had happened(they didn't think it had ever happened), and they thought for a little while that we were running on generators. Is that cool or what?! I truly felt like a pioneer when i got into that icy cold water. It was all i could do to keep from shivering. I figure I got to experience what it would have been like back in the day before heated fonts.It was a great experience, I love going to the temple. Every time has something unique about it. There is always something to learn. :D





No comments:
Post a Comment