Friday, June 11, 2010

Temple Trip then a Day of Service

To start off this wonderful late start Wednesday, I took a group to the Salt Lake temple. What an event that was. I LOVED it!

Me and Neli

Waiting for it to be legal to cross...that light takes forever!

I asked a worker to take a picture of us with the temple in the back. He sure did, but this is not what I was expecting...but at least we have a picture.

After getting home a little late for school (which in all honesty was okay because it was the service day and I didn't know what was going on since I missed the week before when everything was planned, although I had somewhat of an idea of what my class was going to do) I ate some delicious muffins and Neli picked me up in her truck.

There is our new stick shift pro!

So we got to the school and headed to Nelis class who was supposedly coloring pictures for little kids...so we got to the classroom and no one was there so we decided to walk all the halls to see how many classes were actually in their room. In all our searching we found one. They were tying fleece blankets and watching Madagascar. Mostly everyone was gone somewhere else. Some classes did a car wash at Smiths, others picked up trash on the way to 7-11. Others picked up pine cones at the cemetery and had a picnic. There was a group planting trees at the school, another at some empty lot cleaning up, some having a 'BBQ sell' as well as one for themselves. We decided to do our AP project, coloring an Elmo coloring book and making it in to a calculus review. (And since her class was supposed to color its alright, right?) So we headed to the practice field laid out a blanket and colored. There were others playing 4-square too. Eventually ladies came around with Popsicles and they asked us if we were doing service, I said homework and they laughed and handed us one. When I stated something about it being a calc review they said, "Oh it really is homework?" It was funny!
Then we went to Nelis for lunch.
What a day!

After lunch we did some Laurel light stuff for Neli...good times. :D

No comments: